The conference and networking functions, including the 2019 NFMRI Awards Night, will take place at Peppers The Sands Resort in Torquay, Victoria on the 20-21 November 2019.
Peppers The Sands Resort is located just 150 metres from the famous beaches of Torquay, just 70 minutes from Melbourne CBD and 20 minutes from Geelong. The resort features a world-class championship golf course designed by Australian Open champion Stuart Appleby.
All bookings are to be made directly with resorts/hotels by delegates. NFMRI is not arranging accomodation on behalf of delegates or handling payments for this.
Peppers The Sands Resort
(availability on 19-20 November only)
Peppers The Sands Resort has 112 luxuriously appointed guest rooms and suites, each with private balconies, making it a picturesque and highly appealing destination.
Delegates are offered preferential rates below, but to access these bookings should be made directly to the venue by email or phone, quoting NFMRI Conference. These rates will not apply to online bookings. NFMRI currently has a limited amount of rooms reserved, but the venue must be contacted directly to access these. The rooms left on our hold are being released to the general public on the 6th of November 2019.
Single studio accomodation rooms @ $195 per night, including breakfast for one guest
Twin/double share studio room @$213 per night, including breakfast for two.
Contact: Juliana Choi (firstname.lastname@example.org, 03 5264 3338) or reception on email@example.com, 03 5264 3333
Wyndham Resort Torquay
(availability on 19-21 November, limited availability on 21 November)
Please contact: 1 800 463 265
More information available on their website here.
Beachfront Resort Torquay
(limited availability on 19-21 November)
Please contact: 03 5261 6661
NFMRI has arranged a small amount of shuttles for select times on the 19-21 November to coincide with key flights arriving/departing at Avalon Airport from Peppers The Sands Torquay. The shuttles are as follows. If you would like to reserve a seat, please let us know by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org and providing a mobile number which we can give out to the shuttle company as they will use it to contact anyone who isn’t there to make sure they don’t leave without them.
- 5pm flight arrival
- 8.05 pm flight arrival
- 3.15pm departure to make it in time for the 5.30pm flight
- 6.45pm departure to make it in time for the 8.35pm flight departure
Should your flight arrive outside of these times, or at Tullamarine Airport, the following may be helpful:
- Melbourne (Tullamarine Airport): the Gull takes you from Melbourne airport to Geelong CBD. From that point an uber or cab shouldn’t cost too much more https://gull.com.au/book-now/
- Melbourne (Avalon Airport): SkyBus bookings, for $53 Skybus will take you from Avalon Airport to Geelong Train Station, with an immediate connecting cab (included in this price) that will take you directly to the venue https://www.skybus.com.au/avalon-geelong-express/buy-tickets/
- Car rentals, Uber and taxis are available at both Avalon and Tullamarine airports, though due to distance, an Uber or taxi from Tullamarine to the Surf Coast would be fairly expensive.